Aliens in the Barn

Monday, July 30, 2012

Review: Bounty by Krystal Brookes

I really liked this story. It combined two of my favorite things: survival and a tortured heart. Rob had to endure a lot of heartache and pain, but he never would have met Gemma if things hadn't happened the way they had for him. For such a short story, there sure was a lot packed in there.

The world-building, descriptions, characters, interactions, dialogue, and situations were all very well done. It all flowed so smoothly and I couldn't stop reading once I had started. There was an underlying humor that I was amused to see how they pulled off, especially one situation that Rob orchestrated in order to make the other prisoners believe something. It was a dark humor, but I love that! While Gemma didn't think it was too funny and the situation itself really isn't all that funny, I thought only someone with a dark sense of humor could pull it off. I certainly don't want to give anything away, though.

Have I mentioned the romance yet? There is an abundance of romance. I'm amazed at how the author fit everything into such a short story so well. It has danger, suspense, romance, and a very happy ending.

http://pinkpetalbooks.com/Bounty-by-Krystal-Brookes-Dangerous-Men-Dangerous-Places.html

No comments:

Post a Comment